Quality of life/health in rural and urban areas
Using technology for health, focusing in the field of neuroscience.
Quality in education
Using innovation tools and technology to improve the quality of the university education and long-life learning.
Quality in the entrepreneurial world / Rural development
Promoting the innovation, the use of technology and the tools of quality as differentiating elements and business improvement.
What do we offer?
- mHealth – Neuroscience
- Mobile Technologies, web applications, free software
- Wireless technologies and sensors
- Data Analysis
- Devices and applications to improve Quality of life
- Devices, applications and studies to promote Rural Development
- Customized projects for companies
- Quality and innovation in Education
- R&D&i (Research, Development and Innovation) Management in Universities, companies or any other organizations.
- Use of innovation, technology and tools and systems of Quality.
- Topics related with Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Examples of publications in journals and conferences:
- I. García-Magariño, C. Medrano, S. Lombás, A. Barrasa, “ A hybrid approach with agent-based simulation and clustering for sociograms”, Information Sciences, 345, pp 81-95, 2016
- C. Medrano, I. Plaza, R. Igual, A. Sánchez, M. Castro, “The Effect of Personalization on Smartphone-based Fall Detectors”, Sensors, 16(117), 2016
- R. Igual, C. Medrano, I. Plaza, “A comparison of public datasets for accelerometer-based fall detection”, Medical Engineering & Physics, 37(9), pp 870-878, 2015
- P. Herrera-Mercadal, J. Montero-Marin, I. Plaza, C. Medrano, E. Andrés, Y. López-Del-Hoyo, M.G ili, J. García-Campayo, “The efficacy and pattern of use of a computer-assisted programme for the treatment of anxiety: A naturalistic study using mixed methods in primary care in Spain”, Journal of Affective Disorders, 175, pp 184-191, 2015
- R. Igual, I. Plaza, C. Medrano, M.A. Rubio, “Personalizable mobile system adapted to assist dependent people”, Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, 6, pp. 569-593, 2014.
- C. Medrano, R. Igual, I. Plaza, M. Castro, “Detecting Falls as Novelties in Acceleration Patterns Acquired with Smartphones”, PlosOne, 9 (4), e94811 [9 pp.], 2014
- I. Plaza, M. Marcos, P. Herrera-Mercadal, J. García-Campayo “Mindfulness-Based Mobile Applications: Literature Review and Analysis of Current Features” JMIR mHealth and uHealth, Vol. 1(2), pp. 1-19. 2013.
- R. Igual, C. Medrano and I. Plaza “Challenges, issues and trends in fall detection systems”. BioMedical Engineering Online, Vol.12(66), pp. 1-24. 2013.
- I. Plaza, L. Martin, S. Martin and C. Medrano, “Mobile applications in an aging society: Status and trends” Journal of Systems & Software. 84, pp. 1977-1988. 2011.
- I. Plaza, R. Igual, C. Medrano and M.A. Rubio “From Companies to Universities: Application of R&D&I Concepts in Higher Education Teaching”. Transactions on Education, Vol. 56(3), pp. 308-315. 2013.
- S. Bogarra, M. Corbalán, A. Font, I. Plaza, and F. Arcega “Lessons Learned in the Use of Wiris Quizzes to Upgrade Moodle to Solve Electric Circuits” IEEE ToE, Vol. 55(3) pp.412-417. 2012.
- I. Plaza, F. Arcega, M. Castro y M. Llamas “Analyzing the Engineering Educational Research in Spain” US-China Education Review, Vol.8. pp. 526-538. 2011.
- R. González, F. Torres, V. Yoldi, I. Plaza and F. Arcega “Integration of Quality, Labor Risks Prevention, Environment and Ethical Management. Model Applied to R&D&I and Manufacturing Processes in an Organization” Key Engineering Materials – Advances in Manufacturing Systems. 512. Pp. 85-90. 2012.
Coordinador y editor: Carlos Tomás Medrano Sánchez
Depósito Legal: TE‐3‐2012
Alfaomega, ISBN: 978-607-707-037-5
RC Libros. ISBN: 978-84-937769-3-0
RC Libros ISBN: 978-84-96214-85-9.
Alfaomega, ISBN: 978-607-7686-44-6.